HIGH PERFORMANCE PROGRAMME
The Growing Sports Foundation Trust has identified top talent from the ages of 10 to 18 at each of its centres.
The idea is to take the young, talented sports players and have them become role models of excellence, diligence, and commitment for the youth population in the areas from which they come.
This is especially significant as research shows that violence in youth is amongst the highest in the world today. These young children, who have the potential and desire to pursue tennis at an international level and represent South Africa abroad, are supported in the framework of the team.
The Victory Team includes boys and girls, selected from outstanding players in South Africa and other African countries.
The players are provided with the following:
- High level tennis instruction
- Mental training
- Fitness training
- Medical and Physical tests
- Residence and schooling
- Social activities
- Support both as individuals and as a team
- National and international tournaments
Professional follow-up and feedback has been designed that will enable monitoring of each player’s progress.
THE VICTORY TEAM
This programme will develop world-class champions from Africa with a focus on tactical development and mental strength.
- Programme includes tennis, fitness, psychological skills, medical, nutritional and competition management.
- Personalized programmes for each player developed
- Dedicated coaches
- Use of the latest techniques and technologies
- International past linkages include IMG, RPT Coach Development Programme, Nick Bollittieri academy, Paul Dorochenko (past coach of Roger Federer and the Juan Carlos Ferrero academy in Spain).
- 60% of the victory squad’s time will be spent playing ITF Junior tournaments globally and other selected tournaments as well as $ 10 000 futures events
- Rest of the time will be spent training at an academy – ours or at one of our international partners
Other areas of key focus will be:
a. Tactical development
Typical Victory Team Programme Day
WTA / ITF 1,2,3 / ATP TEAM
Jessica Simpson: South Africa
Valeria Bhunu: Zimbabwe
Lloyd Harris: South Africa
ITF levels 4,5 TEAM
Joshua Luck: South Africa
Ben Warren: South African
Josh Warren: South Africa
Sias Merkling : South Africa
ETA 14 TEAM
Kim Bhunu Zimbabwe
Aaron Marks South Africa
ETA 12 TEAM
UNDER 10 TEAM